Saturday, May 31, 2014

Suzuran Hillside National Park, Takino - Sapporo

Spent a day at Takino Suzuran Hillside National Park. A nice 25-27 degrees, perfect for outdoors and beautiful tulips on display. 

Dad's come prepared, plenty activities for kids and it's fitting for dad' to spend some quality healthy time with their kids.

This was our second time but it's worthwhile mentioning that the facilities are nice and clean. Toilets, waiting rooms, resting places etc. oh I forgot, I am in Japan that's standard. 

It's only a half hour bus/subway away, so go for a visit. It's different from your everyday touristy type thing, more of the local Sapporian family weekend place...

Enjoy the pics...











4 comments:

  1. Really lovely scenery of the tulip fields. I am surprised people are allowed to wander next to the flowers although I would want to do the same to take pictures of my kids. Are those giant slides? What a great place for families. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. Yes the scenery was nice and pleasant. I guess the people really appreciate the wonderful flowers so they allow to approach and take pictures and smell them. Good observation, they are slides and a lot of fun. Infact there are many more activities for kids like mazes, tunnels, climbing and jumping apparatus etc. so very active and fun for the whole family. Cost is only 420yen for adults and 80yen for kids, thats about 10 SGD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cost is shockingly low. I normally have to pay more for lunch. Ben, this is a really great blog. It gives foreigners insights into an area of Japan that most don't think about when they travel. Personally, I've been to some of the more well-known cities in Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Kyoto) but I have yet to see the charm that I see in these pictures of Sapporo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from Sydney so I am also used to the high prices. Japan's cost of living is quite cheap in my view, especially in Sapporo. It's always nice to hear that this blog is benefiting someone so thank you for your kind words. Now since you mentioned the other 4 cities, Sapporo is the 5th largest city in Japan, time for you to consider a visit :)

    ReplyDelete